Therapeutic Intervention Practitioner
Employment Type /Hours
Part time, 30.4 hours per week (0.8) Full Time Equivalent, Fixed term, required to work one evening per week
From time to time the incumbent may be requested to work from, or be based at, other Family Life sites.
Therapeutic Family Violence Services Manager
Overview of Program
The Strength2Strength Program is a client-centred trauma informed therapeutic response for children and their mothers who are victim survivors of family violence, which includes therapeutic services delivered via outreach and through centre-based sessions.
A partnership response has been activated to maximise client access, safety, empowerment and therapeutic outcomes. The Therapeutic Demonstration Project, Strength2Strength operates through a partnership of key service providers including: Family Life, Salvation Army, Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand, SECASA and Peninsula Health.
The Therapeutic Intervention Practitioner is responsible for strengthening the therapeutic responses to victim survivors of family violence and improving outcomes; by allowing service providers to grow their collective knowledge and expertise through the delivery of the demonstration projects.
The role contributes to building evidence about effective practice approaches for responding to victim survivors of family violence, including victim survivors from diverse populations and evaluate how these approaches might be incorporated into future service delivery frameworks and organisational operating models. In addition, the role will also provide access to a broad range of therapeutic approaches to family violence victim survivors including adults and/or children across diverse cohorts.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver evidence-based services to women and children impacted by Family Violence.
Supporting the innovation of service responses and sector reform.·
Providing thorough assessment to clients using a range of clinical assessment tools.
Designing and delivering short term interventions for children and their mothers to enhance their readiness for therapeutic support.·
- Carrying and managing a caseload; providing a range of interventions including outreach support.
- Delivering therapeutic outreach and working flexibly across a range of service delivery sites in accordance with accountability and compliance standards.
- Ensuring that the needs and safety of the women and children take priority at all times.
- Delivering services to quality standards, complying with relevant legislation and contractual requirements.
- Maintaining professional documentation and administrative systems according to program and legislative requirements, including planning and documentation of group and education programs.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, or a relevant field and experience in delivering therapeutic interventions for victims of Family Violence.
- Eligibility for membership to an appropriate professional association.
- Working knowledge of family violence and its complexities.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of assessment and therapeutic interventions.
- Ability to develop and implement trauma informed approaches to practice.
- Experience in responding to various presentations of victims of family violence.
- Ability to respond to challenging behaviours and an understanding of the origins of these behaviours, when working with children including trauma and attachment.
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to self-motivate and work autonomously.
- Information technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and client management systems.
- Additional Information
- Family Life is a youth and child safe organisation. We value, respect, and listen to children and young people.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check and Police Records Check.
- Family life operates across multiple sites therefore it is essential that all employees hold a current Driver’s License.
- Family Life offers generous Salary packaging benefits.
- All offers of employment at Family Life are subject to a six month probationary period.
- Family Life is committed to providing a safe, healthy and friendly working environment.
- We pride ourselves on being flexible and family-friendly wherever possible for the mutual benefit of employees and the organisation.
- We expect all Family Life employees and volunteers to understand and behave in accordance with our principles, purpose, values and code of conduct.